PÉTER MAJOR'S WORKS SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION
One can find the TeX, dvi or pdf file of a work by clicking to
the word article after the title of the
- On the tail behaviour of the distribution function of the
maximum for the partial sums of a class of i.i.d. random variables.
- Sharp estimates on the supremum of a class of partial
sums of small i.i.d. random variables.
- Estimates on the tail distribution of Gaussian polynomials.
The discussion of a result of Latala.
- On a conjecture of Dyson. (with P. M. Bleher)
- Über die Iteration einer eindimensionalen Transformation.
(A simple introductory text about some results on one-dimensional
transformations and the motivation for such an investigation.)
- A majdnem biztos invarianciaelv és annak mélyebb
háttere (The almost sure invariance principle and its deeper
background), (In Hungarian) The
An introductory text to this subject. The written version of my talk
at the 1999 meeting of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
Estimation of multiple random integrals and U-statistics
(Több-változós véletlen integrálok
és U-statisztikák becslése)
(both an English translation and the original Hungarian version)
An extended version of my inaugural talk at the Hungarian Academy
By clicking here some texts can be found where certain problems of
the Probability Theory are worked out.
publications together with their TeX, dvi and pdf files
(of the papers written after 1988)
The homepage of