INFORMATION FOR THE FINAL
The final will be comprehensive. Here is a summary of what we did in pdf.
Homework Set 9.To be handed in May 12th, Tuesday.
Homework Set 8.To be handed in Thuesday, April 29th.
"HANDOUTS"The notation in these summaries is a little different than that we use in class.
Midterm: April 1st, 8-10 am in 105
NO CLASS April 3rd, however, we will have a double-class, March 27th, 8:30-10 am instead
Homework Set 7.To be handed in Thursday, March 27th.
Homework Set 6.To be handed in Thursday, March 20th.
Homework Set 5.To be handed in Thursday, March 13th.
Homework Set 4.To be handed in Thursday, March 6th.
Homework Set 3.To be handed in Thursday, February 27th.
Homework Set 2.To be handed in Thursday, February 20th.
Week 1. summary
Homework Set 1.To be handed in Thursday, February 13th.
The Shape of the Universe: Ten Possibilities Scientific American article
- Jeffrey R. Weeks: The Shape of Space: How to Visualize Surfaces and Three-Dimensional Manifolds and more seriously
- John Stillwell: Geometry of Surfaces
William Fulton: Algebraic Topology: A First Course
- Alan Hatcher: Algebraic Topology free of charge!
- The class meets Tuesdays 8:30-10am and Thursdays 9:15-10am in Room 105.
- My office hours are: Tuesday, 10-11am, Thursday 8:30-9:15am.
- GRADING: Homework is posted every Thursday and is due the next Thursday.
- You can get 100 pts on Homework, 100 pts on the Midterm and 100 pts on the Final. That is 300 points altogether. The class is curved with the median placed at around B or B+