Homework Set 8.To be handed in Friday, Nov 21th.
Homework Set 7.To be handed in Friday, Nov 14th.
Homework Set 6.To be handed in Friday, Nov 7th, in class, or Monday, Nov 10th in Anna's office.
Midterm: Oct 22nd, 8:15-10 am in 104
Homework Set 5.To be handed in Friday, Oct 17th.
Homework Set 4.To be handed in Friday, Oct 10th.
Homework Set 3.To be handed in Friday, Oct 3rd.
Homework Set 2.To be handed in Friday, Sept 26th.
Week 1. summary
Homework Set 1.To be handed in Friday, Sept 19th.
- R. Messer at al: Topology Now!
- Munkres: Topology
The Shape of the Universe: Ten Possibilities Scientific American article
- Jeffrey R. Weeks: The Shape of Space: How to Visualize Surfaces and Three-Dimensional Manifolds and more seriously
- John Stillwell: Geometry of Surfaces
William Fulton: Algebraic Topology: A First Course
- Alan Hatcher: Algebraic Topology free of charge!
- The class meets Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30-10am in Room 104.
- My office hours are: Wednesday, 10-11am.
- GRADING: Homework is posted every Friday and is due the next Friday.
- You can get 100 pts on Homework, 100 pts on the Midterm and 100 pts on the Final. That is 300 points altogether. The class is curved with the median placed at around B or B+.
Special dates this semester:
- There will be NO class
October 18th (Saturday, a workday with Friday schedule instead of Oct 24th),
Oct 24th itself,
Instead, there WILL be make-up classes Oct 20th and Nov 24th, Mondays, 8-10 in room 104.