The project started on February 1st 2014 and will last until January 31, 2019. Location is Budapest. Our main fields of research are the following:
- Limits of combinatorial structures: an analytic approach that considers large structures as approximations of infinite analytic objects and creates new connections between analysis, combinatorics, probability theory, group theory and ergodic theory.
- Higher order Fourier analysis: a theory of higher order structures in compact abelian groups, which proves general inverse theorems and regularity lemmas for Gowers uniformity norms.
- Sidorenko's conjecture, sparse graph limits, relative entropy.
- Multigraph limits, Banach space valued graphons.
If you are interested in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the group:
- Principal Investigator: Balazs Szegedy
- Agnes Backhausz (postdoc)
- Pablo Candela (postdoc)
- Adrian Csiszarik (phd student)
- Matthias Hamann (postdoc)
- Zoltan Halasi (senior researcher)
- Istvan Kolossvary (phd student)
- David Kunszenti-Kovacs (postdoc)
- Gabor Pete (senior researcher)
- Daniel Varga (senior researcher)
- Xiang Li (UC Berkeley)
- Clara Schikhelman (Weizmann Institute)
Open positions:There are no open postdocs positions.
- Zamecek Workshop on Homomorphisms and Graph Limits III., 23-27 March, 2015, Hlohovec, Czech Republic. Organized by Laszlo Lovasz, Jaroslav Nesetril and Balazs Szegedy.
Other events related to the topic of the research group:
- Graph limits, groups and stochastic processes summer school, 23-27 June, 2014, Renyi Institute, Budapest, Hungary. Organized by Miklos Abert, Agnes Backhausz, Laszlo Lovasz, Balazs Szegedy and Balint Virag.
- Graph limits, groups and stochastic processes workshop, 29 June - 2 July, 2014, Renyi Institute, Budapest, Hungary. Organized by Miklos Abert, Agnes Backhausz, Laszlo Lovasz, Balazs Szegedy and Balint Virag.
- Asymptotic group theory workshop, 17-21 August, 2015, Renyi Institute, Budapest, Hungary. Organized by Miklos Abert and Laszlo Pyber.