There are several hotels available within walking distance form the Institute; we have made special arrangements with the following ones. Booking (at the prices indicated here) can be made by contacting the hotels directly; when doing so, please refer to the Bárány70 conference organized by the Rényi Institute.
- Hotel Erzsébet ***
1053 Budapest, Károlyi Mihály u. 11-15, Tel. (+36) 1 889-5531
We have reserved 20 Standard rooms for single or double use for the period June 18 - 24, 2017 on the special discounted corporate price of single room EUR 82/night.
The price includes buffet breakfast, WIFI and applicable taxes. Reservations can be done directly through the hotel's online booking system at the following link: Hotel Erzsébet online booking or by filling in and mailing/faxing the following booking form: Booking form
(Fax: +36 1 8893763, e-mail: email@example.com)
Should you have any technical problem with the online booking, please contact directly Mr Daniel Hasitz from Danubius Hotels for the reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that:
- Final cancellation deadline for the reservation: 3 days prior to the arrival.
In case of no-show or late cancellation your credit card will be charged with the cost of one night;
- Check-in time: from 2 PM, check-out: until 11 AM;
- The hotel cannot guarantee that hotel accommodation will be available for requests made after April 10th 2017.
- Final cancellation deadline for the reservation: 3 days prior to the arrival. In case of no-show or late cancellation your credit card will be charged with the cost of one night;
- Continental Zara Hotel - a recently opened design hotel about 10 minutes walking from the institute.
- Eurostars Budapest Center - an exclusive hotel next door to the institute
- Maverick Hostel - hostel at the end of the street, also with private rooms
- Loft Hostel - a small, friendly hostel nearby
- plenty of options at booking.com and airbnb
When arriving by plane, you have to book a ticket to the Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport (BUD). To get to the city centre, you may take a taxi, or use a shuttle, or public transport. From nearby countries, taking a train may be a better option. Most international trains arrive at the Keleti station, some of them at the Nyugati station. Further details can be found here.
Hungary is a member of the European Union and the Schengen Zone, so visitors arriving from
EU member countries do not need a visa to enter.
General visa information can be found
here, and, in a more friendly format,
Our currency is the "Forint". For exchange rates, see The Universal Currency Converter.