I am a mathematician working at the Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics in Budapest.
Previously I worked at the Département de mathématiques et applications, École normale supérieure, Paris (2012-2014),
and at the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics, University of Cambridge (2009-2012).
I completed my PhD in 2009 at the University of Cambridge, supervised by W.T. Gowers.
E-mail: candelap at renyi.hu Address: Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics, Reáltanoda u. 13-15, 1053 Budapest, Hungary.
Interests: analysis and combinatorics, especially combinatorial applications of harmonic analysis.
Among such applications, those I focus on are in arithmetic combinatorics.
Some papers and preprints
- A continuous model for systems of complexity 2 on simple abelian groups
With Balázs Szegedy.
- Towers for commuting endomorphisms, and combinatorial applications
With Artur Avila.
To appear in Ann. Inst. Fourier. arXiv
- On linear configurations in subsets of compact abelian groups, and invariant measurable hypergraphs
With Balázs Szegedy and Lluís Vena.
To appear in Ann. Comb. arXiv
- On the dimension of additive sets
With Harald Helfgott.
Acta Arith. 167 (2015) (1), 91-100. arXiv,
- Convergence results for systems of linear forms on cyclic groups, and periodic nilsequences
With Olof Sisask.
SIAM J. Discrete Math. 28 (2014) (2), 786-810. arXiv,
- A removal lemma for linear configurations in subsets of the circle
With Olof Sisask.
Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc. 56 (2013) (3), 657-666. arXiv,
- On the asymptotic maximal density of a set avoiding solutions to linear equations modulo a prime
With Olof Sisask.
Acta Math. Hungar. 132 (2011) (3), 223-243. arXiv,
- On the structure of steps of three-term arithmetic progressions in dense sets of integers
Bull. London Math. Soc. 42 (2010) (1), 1-14. MR,
- On certain norms related to the Gowers uniformity norms
- Structure along arithmetic patterns in sequences of vectors
Combin. Probab. Comput. 18 (2009) (6), 861-870. MR,
The material below may be updated from time to time. Corrections or comments are very welcome!
- Notes on compact nilspaces (pdf)
Based on the third chapter of this paper by Camarena and Szegedy.
(First upload: 05/04/2016 Latest update: 29/04/2016)
- Notes on nilspaces: algebraic aspects (pdf)
Based on the first two chapters of this paper by Camarena and Szegedy.
(First upload: 01/11/2015 Latest update: 12/01/2016)
- Introducción a métodos de análisis de Fourier en combinatoria aritmética (pdf)
AGRA-II School, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, August 2015.
(First upload: 28/07/2015 Latest update: 01/11/2015)
- Uniformity norms and nilsequences (pdf)
Graduate course, University of Cambridge, Easter 2011.
(First upload: 01/04/2011 Latest update: 14/02/2012)
Some events in which I have been involved as an organiser or participant:
- Combinatorial and Additive Number Theory (2016), Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz, Austria. (participant)
- Combinatoire additive à Marseille (2015), CIRM, Marseille, France. (participant)
- AGRA-II: Aritmética, grupos y análisis (2015), UNSAAC, Cusco, Perú. (participant)
- Groupe de travail en combinatoire arithmétique (2014), Institut Henri Poincaré, Paris, France. (organiser)
- Atelier stéphanois de combinatoire additive (2014), Institut Camille Jordan, Saint-Etienne, France. (participant)
- Unlikely intersections (2014), workshop at CIRM, Marseille, France. (participant)
- Limits of structures (2013), arbeitsgemeinschaft at MFO, Oberwolfach, Germany. (participant)
- Séminaire CAESAR (2012-2014), Paris, France. (participant)
- Discrete analysis (2011), semester programme at the Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK. (participant)
- Discrete analysis seminar (2010-2011), DPMMS, Cambridge, UK. (co-organiser)